Saturday, February 28, 2015

Corbin's 1st Birthday


One of my absolute favorite things about this baking gig is watching ideas come to life. Most cakes usually start out with a little pinspiration, then I weave the ideas from one or two cakes together and make alterations for theme and color. I do sketches and make timelines, and hope for the best.

But most of that planning and prepping stays in my mind until just hours before a cake is delivered. It's not until the final touches are added that I truly get to see ideas come to fruition, and it is always so satisfying.

I was so pleased to get to make this cake for an adorable little man on his first birthday, and it was one of those ideas that I couldn't wait to see come alive. Rustic textured frosting and playful navy polka-dots with edible gold-coated white chocolate toppers - all the elements came together just exactly as I imagined they would.

I hope the birthday boy enjoys eating it as much as I enjoyed making it. Happy Birthday, Corbin!

No comments:

Post a Comment