Friday, July 11, 2014

Lavender Wedding Cake


Some days I feel especially lucky to be making cakes for a living, but never so much as when I have the honor of baking a cake for a wedding.

This rustic lavender cake is especially near and dear to my heart, because it was made for my old neighbor and childhood friend Joe and his beautiful bride Jesy. With a mere week of planning, the collaborative vision for this cake came together.

A sweet, simple yellow cake with European vanilla buttercream, burlap ribbon and fresh lavender accents felt right at home at the small outdoor venue at Passaretti's in beautiful South Lake Tahoe. And the bride and groom couldn't have picked a more gorgeous day for their intimate outdoor ceremony.

Even though I couldn't stay for the ceremony, baking this cake allowed me to feel like an integral part of their day. It was such a blessing. Congratulations, Joe and Jesy!

1 comment: