Sunday, March 30, 2014

Baby Fever

Brown Sugar Pound Cakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
Lemon Curd Filled Vanilla Cupcakes with European Vanilla Buttercream

Is it just me, or is everybody having babies right now? I have two friends on the verge of labor, a couple friends who just gave birth to their sweet littles, and more babies are due to pop out throughout this spring.

I had the honor of doing cupcakes for a couple baby showers this month, and I was so pleased with how they turned out.

The first batch went to a dear friend I've known since elementary school and his lovely girlfriend. I made them some brown sugar pound cakes with brown sugar cream cheese frosting, butterscotch starfish and seashells, and chocolate pearls for their nautical themed shower for baby Estelle (how cute is that name!). This party was so full of love, and I am so glad I got to be there to celebrate with them. They are totally going to rock this parenthood thing, I just know it.

Then this weekend I got to make some seriously fun, cookie topped cupcakes to celebrate the upcoming arrival of a sweet baby boy. Vanilla cupcakes filled with lemon curd and topped with European vanilla buttercream and "little man" onesie cookies were one of my favorite creations to date.

All this cuteness has given me some serious baby fever. Especially since my little cupcake is almost a whole year old already. I guess I ought to start dreaming up some special treats for her big day. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment